Skip to main content

Review: Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon (ARC)




Everything, Everything
Author: Nicola Yoon
Release Date: September 1st 2015
Publisher: Delacorte Books for Young Readers
Source: I received a copy of this book via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review
Genre: YA contemporary
Rating: 4 1/2 Stars
Website: http://www.nicolayoon.com/



My disease is as rare as it is famous. Basically, I’m allergic to the world. I don’t leave my house, have not left my house in seventeen years. The only people I ever see are my mom and my nurse, Carla. But then one day, a moving truck arrives next door. I look out my window, and I see him. He's tall, lean and wearing all black—black T-shirt, black jeans, black sneakers, and a black knit cap that covers his hair completely. He catches me looking and stares at me. I stare right back. His name is Olly. Maybe we can’t predict the future, but we can predict some things. For example, I am certainly going to fall in love with Olly. It’s almost certainly going to be a disaster.

My thoughts on this beautiful book...




As I sit upon my living room floor writing this review, my heart is thundering inside my chest. Everything, Everything is unlike any book I have ever read in my life. So far this year I've stumbled upon quite a few unexpected plot twist in the books I've read, I must say that this one blew all of the substantially out of the water! I'm still reeling from the effects. 

The range of emotions you will feel while traversing through this charmingly delightful book will be mind-boggling! One moment you will feel giddy excitement, next you might be laughing out loud (be prepared for funny looks if you are in public), then before you know it you will feel utter despair and be crying like a baby, but wait... next you will experience a swoon worthy moment that will melt your heart and have you grinning like the Cheshire cat.  

Maddy and Olly are so good together, they are meant to be, soul-mates, no-words-can-express good together! Have you heard Ed Sheeran's song Thinking Out Loud? For me the song was written for Maddy & Olly! 

At one point I was actually scared to finish this book, but nevertheless I persevered and I'm so glad I did! Both Maddy is and Olly are broken, only by coming together as one can they mend and are whole again. Olly is so honest and real, he's not afraid to put himself out on the line. Maddy is wonderfully brave and strong, not to mention one of the most profoundly wholehearted characters I've ever met! 

Things I Loved: 
  • The Short Chapters
  • The illustrations within the book
  • The way Maddy's antics had me giggling out loud! 
  • The way Maddy & Olly hold each other together
  • Maddy's passion for living
  • Carla- I just love her, she's like a second mother to Maddy!
I have to tell you all, I honestly thought Everything, Everything would be just another run of the mill tear-jerker , no no no,  THIS IS SO MUCH MORE!!! 

My favorite quote...

“It's a hard concept to hold on to--the idea that there was a time before us. A time before time. 
In the beginning there was nothing. And then there was everything.” 


One of many favorite scenes...

Without giving away too much, it's when Olly reveals to Maddy how he feels about her for the first time. 

Comments

  1. I've seen so many people talking about this book, I really want to read it now! :) Thanks for sharing this!

    Lipstick and Mocha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome, I enjoyed writing the review! :)

      Delete
  2. The illustrations were so fun!! I adore this book. Great review.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am really excited for this book to come out. Most of the reviews I have read of this book have been positive. I can tell from your review that it will be great. I also really like how you reviewed this book. Your style of reviewing is very unique.
    ~Chioma @ Blue Books and Butterflies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chioma, I am so glad you liked my review! Sometimes I wonder if I am doing this whole review thing right. :)
      My review of a book called Ever Near (right below this post) I tried explaining the whys and hitting on things like genre, plot & character development. Thanks again for checking out my review & taking the time to comment your thoughts! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Recent Posts...

All About That Cover
Drums of Autumn by Diana Gabaldon

Review: The Gender Game by Bella Forrest - Violet is such a strong, brave and amazing character!