Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish.
Top Ten Tuesday...
So this week's Top Ten Tuesday is Halloween Themed! I'm super stoked about this one because it's a freebie, and I'm choosing vampire novels! I've mentioned in a few post here & there that I just LOVE anything vampire-ish in books! Well here are my top ten favorite vampire novels:
- Twilight by Stephenie Meyer- In case you don't already know, Twilight is my absolute favorite book of ALL TIME! There's just something about Edward & Bella's unrelenting love for each other. Not to mention it's the book that got me back in the reading-saddle so to speak.
- Dark Lover by J.R. Ward- This is adult Paranormal Romance. J.R. Ward really knows how to write a provocative, steamy story! There are an astounding 14 books in this series! Out of the books I've read in this series, Dark Lover is my favorite! (It's also the first in the series)
- Halfway to the Grave by Jeaniene Frost- The chemistry between Bones & Cat sizzles off the page! If you are looking for a book with tons of action but also sizzling romance look no further!
- Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side by Beth Fantaskey- This is an YA with tons of adorable banter! It's about Jessica, she's in her senior year with her whole life planned out. Hottie Lucas shows up and throws her plans out the window! Come to find out she's a vampire princess by birth and he's come to marry her! She doesn't believe him until she starts going through some strange "changes". We get to see her transition from a normal teen into a vampire.
- The Awakening (The Vampire Diaries #1) by L.J. Smith- Long before the CW's Vampire Diaries there was L.J.'s series, I loved it from the start!
- Velvet by Temple West- This book debuted this past May. I devoured it in practically one sitting! You can read my review HERE.
- Glass Houses (The Morganville Vampires #1) by Rachel Caine- Summary: College freshman Claire Danvers has had enough of her nightmarish dorm situation. When Claire heads off-campus, the imposing old house where she finds a room may not be much better. Her new roommates don't show many signs of life, but they'll have Claire's back when the town's deepest secrets come crawling out, hungry for fresh blood. Will she be able to face the town's terror or will she drown like everyone else?
- Immortal Kiss by Laura Daleo- I recently read & reviewed this book HERE. Beth & Phillippe make an interesting couple, I LOVED the book!
- Dead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris- I read this book back in 2009 & it's stuck with me ever since! Way before the making of TV show True Blood there was the book series. I must say, the first few books in this series were 5 stars for me but I couldn't finish the rest of the series before I lost interest.
- Marked (House of Night #1) by P.C. Cast & Kristin Cast- I just adored this series! I think there are around 12 books in this series. I read up until book #7. It seems when a series goes beyond 5 or 6 books I have a bad habit of losing interest. I think it was the wait for book #8 to come out that did it.
Do you like vampire novels? If so what are some of your favorites?