Series: Descendant Prophecies #1
Source: Barclay Publicity
Genre: Young Adult Fantasy + Greek Mythology + Romance
Rating: 5 Stars
Publisher: Independently Published
Release Date: Oct 2nd 2013
Did you just see a flash of lightning across the sky on a clear sunny day? Don’t blame Mother Nature.
Skylar Rome can’t wait to spend her last summer before college with her cousin, Kayla. Everything changes when they meet the Grand brothers. Skylar is sure she should stay away from Mason Grand, but their attraction is undeniable. Then Skylar’s life erupts into turmoil. She steps into a world where descendants of ancient gods have super powers, evil beings chase her, and questions arise about her own identity. She is running out of time and running for her life, while trying to unravel the mystery of what they want from her.
Forced into a battle set into motion long before she was born, will Skylar find the answers she seeks, or will she die trying?
My review of From Gods...
I loved From Gods so much, I spent every waking moment I had (while I wasn’t working of course.) devouring this book!
Why I loved it
- The story is both original and reminds me of Twilight at the same time.
- Romance & love is the central element here, what I LOVED was that it felt real. Their feelings for each other slowly built up in a realistic way throughout the book. Lots of swoon worthy moments that had me smiling!
- The Feels! The main character Skylar has been through so much. You can feel her emotion pour from the pages...
“They say time heals all wounds. It doesn’t. It just patches a broken heart. It doesn’t get any easier over time. You just learn to live with the pain.”
- The genre- It falls somewhere in between young-adult and new-adult, with the sub genre being fantasy, romance and mythology! (It’s all clean.)
- Skylar is at the pivotal age where she’s just getting ready to start college and enter adulthood,we get to see her character develop in many different ways throughout the story.
- The Mythology- I loved the original take on Greek Mythology in this one, I’ve never read another mythology book quite like this one!
- The Mystery- As it states in the summary, Skylar’s life pretty much turns into one big giant mystery. Don’t worry, she finds out quite a bit but there’s new questions to be answered for book two!
- The Characters- Not only did I love Skylar and Mason but the secondary characters as well! In fact, they were written so well and are set up in a way where I could see some of them having their own books later on!
- The Ending- Even though this is a series I love the way Mary Ting wrapped everything up oh so nicely...until the last page that is! There’s nothing like that last second twist to make you want to read the next book right away!
All that being said, I’m kicking myself for not reading this book sooner! (It came out in 2013.)
I will be starting book two From Deities tonight! I am so excited, it has an 4.23 rating on Goodreads! Mary Ting is now an auto buy author for me!