Skip to main content

{ARC Review} Elementals: The Head of Medusa by Michelle Madow



Series: Elementals #3
Source: Sent by the author 
Format: eBook
Pages: 182 (print length)
Genre: Young Adult Fantasy + Greek Mythology + Magic
Rating: 4.5 Stars
Publisher: Dreamscape Publishing 
Release Date: June 29th 2016
The epic story of witches, gods, and monsters that USA Today called a "must read" continues in the third book of the Elementals series!

When Nicole Cassidy moved to a new town, she discovered that she was a witch descended from gods. But that was nothing compared to learning that it was up to her and four others with mysterious elemental powers to help save the world from the Titans, who would soon return to Earth.

Now her relationship with Blake -- the fire Elemental -- is finally heating up. But she must remain focused, because Typhon, one of the deadliest creatures in history, has escaped from the weakening prison world. Only one object can destroy him -- the head of Medusa herself.

Follow the Elementals as they journey to the end of the Earth, facing choices that will put their lives and the entire world at risk. Will they all survive the mission? Find out in the riveting third book in the Elementals series, The Head of Medusa.

My review of Elementals: The Head of Medusa...

Another great book in this super fun, fast-paced series! The Head of Medusa picks up right where The Blood of the Hydra left off. This is the third book in The Elementals series in which the group's limits are put to the test and loyalties are tested!

One thing that stood out for me was the romance, it most certainly gets a lot more spotlight in this book compared to the previous two in the series. Some are saying this one is primarily a romance book, I on the other hand wouldn't go that far. Nicole and Blake finally decided to make themselves an official couple! Yes things finally heat up, but they are still evolving as a couple. It was interesting watching them find their way as a couple and trying their best to remain focused on the task at hand.  I cannot wait to see how things heat up even more so (hopefully) in the next book!

My next favorite thing about this book was the pacing. Michelle is a master when it comes to perfect pacing and makes her stories super fun to read, I had a blast reading this book! This is the perfect book to pick up if you're suffering from a book hangover!

If you follow my blog you know I am a sucker for a good plot twist. The big one in this one I guessed pretty easily. I was slightly let down, but at the end of the day it didn't make the book any less enjoyable for me. 

Now let's talk action. On one hand I felt there wasn't quite as much action packed moments as there were in the last book of this series. (As I mentioned above the romance is a bit more pronounced in this book, so the action is still there just not as much as the last book.) However on the other hand, I believe the group as a whole are starting to see some major repercussions of their actions, without spoiling anything for you things are much more serious in this one than the first two books. To put it bluntly, shit hits the fan!

I don't want to go into this too much, you know I hate spoilers! But there is a MAJOR, I repeat MAJOR cliffhanger, so be prepared! I'm not sure how I'll manage to wait for the next book with that ending!

A couple of things to sum up my review. Imagine Starcrossed meshed with Percy Jackson, that's The Head of Medusa! I would recommend this book to anyone who enjoys a fast-paced book with plenty of romance, Greek mythology, magic and fun! 

Comments

Recent Posts...

Romancing the Scot
by May McGoldrick
{Release Blitz}

All About That Cover
Drums of Autumn by Diana Gabaldon