Skip to main content

Review: Forever Doon by Carey Corp & Lorie Langdon


Series: Doon #4
Source: Netgalley
Format: eBook
Pages: 368
Rating: 5 Stars
Publisher: Blink
Release Date: August 2nd 2016

With the witch of Doon on the throne, Jamie believed dead, and Duncan and Mackenna trapped in Alloway, Veronica has no choice but to put her grief aside and prepare her remaining followers for the impending battle against the false queen and her forces. But while on a covert mission to steal a powerful elixir from the castle, Veronica discovers her true love may actually be alive, and fighting a battle of his own.

With the Brig o’ Doon destroyed and the portal fragmented, Doon’s forces are not only divided, but also isolated in different dimensions. With the help of a storyteller as ancient as the witch herself, Kenna and Duncan learn they must rebuild the bridge to have any chance of crossing back into Doon with their ragtag army. But when Mackenna insists on fighting as well, Duncan soon realizes the only way he can ensure her safety is to turn her into a cold-hearted killer.

For Vee, Jamie, Kenna, and Duncan, saving their kingdom while keeping their lives intact will take a miracle.

My review of Forever Doon...

Forever Doon is the 4th and final book in the Doon series. Honestly I'm at a loss for words when it comes to writing this review. I'm not sure that I can completely convey my feelings for this book with words. Nevertheless I'll give it a go...

Source: Goodreads.com
The book was absolutely beautiful and I couldn't be happier with the way the series ended. (I just don't want to face the fact, that this beautiful, amazing series has come to an end!) On a side note Lorie did say "as of now" when asked if Forever Doon is the final book in the series. Which of course I'm hoping & praying this means there may be another book in the future!

Forever Doon is above all my favorite book in this series. It's dramatic, ferocious and my favorite...epically romantic!

I've come to love each & every character while traversing through the series. That being said, it was difficult at times watching Veronica, Jamie, Mackenna & Duncan go through some pretty tough situations. I felt as if I were there cheering them on, practically biting my nails and even at times closing my eyes and praying they would persevere!

This book is written in all four characters POV, which I loved! I felt that it brought me even closer to each character and made the story very well rounded.

With Forever Doon being the last book in the series things were wrapped up quite nicely. There is one tiny thing I'd have liked to have seen, I won't tell you what it was since it'd be a spoiler but you can always email me to talk about it once you've read it! I'm thinking it was Carey and Lorie's way of leaving a possibility of another book in the series...yep I'm still crossing my fingers on that one!

Also, I must mention...there are new and interesting characters in this installment that I just loved!

Overall I absolutely loved Forever Doon and honestly didn't want it to end. I would recommend this series to anyone who's read Outlander, is interested in time-travel or alternate dimensions or loves books with plenty of adventure & romance, oh and awesome BFFs!

Other books in the series...

Comments

Recent Posts...

Short & Sweet Review
{Regency Romance}
The Importance of Being Scandalous
by Kimberly Bell

Blog Tour
{Review + Giveaway}
The Scandal of it All
by Sophie Jordan
The BEST Romance I've read ALL year!