Skip to main content

Review: From Deities by Mary Ting


SeriesDescendant Prophecies #2
Source: Barclay Publicity
Format: eBook
Pages: 268
Genre: New Adult Fantasy (clean) + Greek Mythology + Romance
Rating: 5 Stars
Publisher: Independently Published
Release Date: October 12th 2014

A mysterious stranger enters Skylar’s inner circle, destroying her precarious peace. She begins college amid new secrets, emerging powers, fresh dangers, and a potential stepfather.

In New Olympus, a hidden dwelling place for descendants of the gods, she finally gets answers. But can she trust them? Skylar and the Grand family must work together with these descendants to discover the key to their rescue from the evolving, evil vultures of Hades.

As the threat increases, Skylar must learn to control her newfound powers and decide who to trust before it’s too late.
My review of From Deities...
Sometimes a book comes around that you love so much your speechless. This is one of those books! (Besides, who wants to read a super long review when you got lots of books to read!)


  • Huge plot twist that SHOCKED me! 
    • Most of you know how much I love a plot twist that I can't guess. Well not only couldn't I guess this one but it left me jaw-dropped! 
  • Character development is on point!
    • I'm already in love with these characters from reading book one, From Gods. They are realistic, relatable and fun! Well we get to see them develop a hundredfold (which I didn't think was possible, they were already great!) in this book!
  • And the plot thickens!
    • Of course I won't spoil it for you for guys...the already amazing plot gets even more intricate and of course complicated (in a good way!) which had me on the edge of my seat! 
  • Romance has progressed beautifully and most importantly REALISTICALLY! 
    • Everything between Skylar and Mason felt incredibly real...no other words can describe how I felt about this couple! 
By the end of this book I just wanted to immerse myself in this series and never leave! I would recommend this to anyone with a heartbeat!

Mary Ting, thank you for sharing this heartfelt, action-packed story with your readers! 

Comments

  1. Sounds like a really intriguing read - will deff be checking out this series, thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Recent Posts...

Short & Sweet Review
{Regency Romance}
The Importance of Being Scandalous
by Kimberly Bell

Waiting On Wednesday
The Duchess Deal
(Girl Meets Duke #1)
by Tessa Dare