Skip to main content

DNF Review: Bound by Blood by Laura Daleo

Series: Immortal Kiss #2
Source: Sent by the author in exchange for an honest review
Format: Paperback
Pages: 232
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Rating: 1.5 Stars
Publisher: World Castle Publishing, LLC
Release Date: July 1st 2016


Five years crawled by at a painfully slow pace for young vampire, Beth; each year more agonizing than the next. The powerful unyielding spell which masked Amon’s whereabouts showed no signs of weakening. Influenced by the binding ritual and Amon’s blood surging inside her, Beth will stop at nothing, and risk everything, to find him and turn the tables on Osiris, Isis, and Hathor. In foggy streets of London, lives are threatened by a new breed of hunter, and nothing is what it seemed. Beth once again finds herself surrounded by betrayal. In the midst of it all, she is forced to choose between Philippe and Amon – knowing that her decision will change one life forever. But whose?
DNF Review...
Bound by Blood is the second book in this series. I loved the first one, you can read my review HERELet's get to why I did not finish this book.

The story begins with Beth mourning the loss of Amon on the 5 year anniversary of his disappearance. She ends up on the beach and gets wasted by drinking a whole bottle of wine. Which is fine, it's the night of the anniversary. But the next day and the next she's constantly getting drunk. I don't understand, why didn't Beth leave Philippe and go find Amon's ass instead of drowning in self pity?!?

I tried connecting with Beth but just couldn't do it, she was annoying as hell. She constantly complains about not knowing where her love, Amon is. She goes on to say that Philippe betrayed her blah blah blah. I can't stand when a woman doesn't know who she "loves" more and is confused who she's to be with. Well this is Beth, one minute she hates Philippe, the next she thinks things can be fixed even though she's in love with Amon.

In Immortal Kiss Philippe was oh so romantic, you know in a vampire I can kill you if I wanted to way. In this book he's just a jackass. He straight up lied to Beth about the way in which he feeds, saying he only takes the lives of those who already want to die (he can read minds). She quickly finds out that isn't true and he's just a stone cold killer.

    I threw my words at him. "Your victims want death, remember? That's why you choose them, or at least that's what you want everyone to believe." I jutted out my hand, pointing at the humans. "No one over there holds a welcoming thought for death."
    He cleared his throat. "You're right. They don't."
    I didn't say anything else, just glared at him. 
    Staring down at his feet, he said, "I made that up years ago when we first met and you were still human." He lifted his head and looked directly into my eyes. "Back then, you wanted to watch me feed. I couldn't have you thinking I was a monster, so I told you my victims wanted death. I guess I just kept up the charade."

The only character I liked just as much as in the first book was Caleb. He's still his charming, snarky self.

All-In-All: I was so annoyed with Beth and Philippe that I had to DNF this one. I will only recommend this to those who don't mind a love triangle. (A BIG one!) I wish I would have loved this one as much as Immortal Kiss. If there is a book in the future about Caleb I might read that one, but I will not be continuing with this series.

Comments

Recent Posts...

Review: The Gender Game by Bella Forrest - Violet is such a strong, brave and amazing character!

Guest Post
Top 10 Fantasy Books
by Theodora Goss
author of
The Strange Case of the Alchemist's Daughter