If there’s one thing Lady Murine will not abide, it’s her virtue being handed over to the highest bidder. When her scoundrel brother does just that—in exchange for a few Scottish horses, no less—she’s appalled, but she refuses to stand by and let it happen. She’s determined to take matters into her own hands, even if it means braving the countryside alone—or worse, with a tempting Scot by her side.
Dougall set out to sell a few horses to an English lord; he never expected he’d help smuggle a beautiful fugitive back to Scotland instead. When her brother offered Lady Murine for a few horses, Dougall was disgusted and promptly turned him down. But encountering the runaway lass on the road out of town sets something pounding in Dougall’s heart. There’s something about this fierce woman that makes him want to do more than just help her escape. He wants to protect her—with his life and his heart.
If Dougall’s not careful, this Scot might just end up tying the knot…
Falling for the Highlander
By: Lynsay Sands
Releasing January 31, 2017
Publisher: Avon Books
Publisher: Avon Books
It's been ages since I've read a Highlander Historical Romance, so much so that once I started reading Falling for the Highlander it felt like coming home. I just adored this book! Oh, and you don't need to read the previous books in this series to enjoy this one!
What I liked:
- The Setting- I naturally gravitate towards stories set in Scotland, so of course, I loved the setting in this one! I also want to mention that Lynsay did a wonderful job with the world building as well, everything felt incredibly realistic!
- The Plot- While it wasn't the fastest moving plot out there it was definitely entertaining! If you're looking for a swoon-worthy romance with all of the classic elements, this one is it!
- Girl meets Guy, Guy saves Girl.
- Plenty of snarky remarks between the two then BAM the sexual tension was practically throwing sparks off of
the pagesmy kindle!
- Which leads to The Romance- Ahh the heat level in this one was HOT! I just loved the chemistry between Maureen & Dougall. The whole time their relationship was brewing I just kept thinking they are perfect for one another! Plenty of steamy moments interlaced with wonderful humor! I do hope this couple makes an appearance in the next book in this series!
- On a side note, I just want to mention that I'll never look at bread and carrots the same way again!
- Dougall- He's your classic alpha male but not too alpha if you know what I mean. Also, he's such a gentleman!
- Maureen- She's not perfect (I'll talk about that below) but I really loved her values and her willingness to help others no matter what.
- Family- I just loved the whole family dynamic in this one. Maureen goes through multiple horrific losses but then she meets Dougall. He has this amazing family and they all ban together to do what's right by helping her get away from her asshole brother.
What I didn't like:
- Maureen- First let me say that I did end up liking her after the first 50% or so of the book. Her constant fainting really bothered me, though.
All in All: If you are looking for a fun, historical romance then this is it! I had so much fun reading this one!
Lynsay Sands is the nationally bestselling author of the Argeneau/Rogue Hunter vampire series, as well as numerous historicals and anthologies. She's been writing stories since grade school and considers herself incredibly lucky to be able to make a career out of it. Her hope is that readers can get away from their everyday stress through her stories, and if there's occasional uncontrollable fits of laughter, that's just a big bonus. Please visit her on the web.