Some things are worth waiting for…
Traveling thousands of miles from home to enter college is the only way nineteen-year-old Avery Morgansten can escape what happened at the Halloween party five years ago—an event that forever changed her life. All she needs to do is make it to her classes on time, make sure the bracelet on her left wrist stays in place, not draw any attention to herself, and maybe—please God—make a few friends, because surely that would be a nice change of pace. The one thing she didn’t need and never planned on was capturing the attention of the one guy who could shatter the precarious future she’s building for herself.
Some things are worth experiencing…
Cameron Hamilton is six feet and three inches of swoon-worthy hotness, complete with a pair of striking blue eyes and a remarkable ability to make her want things she believed were irrevocably stolen from her. She knows she needs to stay away from him, but Cam is freaking everywhere, with his charm, his witty banter, and that damn dimple that’s just so… so lickable. Getting involved with him is dangerous, but when ignoring the simmering tension that sparks whenever they are around each other becomes impossible, he brings out a side of her she never knew existed.
Some things should never be kept quiet…
But when Avery starts receiving threatening emails and phone calls forcing her to face a past she wants silenced, she’s has no other choice but to acknowledge that someone is refusing to allow her to let go of that night when everything changed. When the devastating truth comes out, will she resurface this time with one less scar? And can Cam be there to help her or will he be dragged down with her?
And some things are worth fighting for…
Series: Wait for You #1
Genre: New Adult Contemporary
Setting: West Virginia
Publisher: William Morrow Paperbacks
Release Date: February 26th, 2016
“I'm beginning to think cookies is a code word for something else."
"Maybe it is." He tugged on my bag again as he took a confident step back, forcing me down another step. "And just think about it. If cookie was a code word, whatever it symbolizes, it's been in your mouth, sweetheart.”
This book is JUST WHAT I NEEDED! I've been in a HUGE book slump on and off again for awhile now and this book HAS CURED ME! I'm sure I'll be a bit New Adult obsessed for the time being BUT I DON'T CARE! Oh and...cookies won't mean the same thing to me for awhile ...
Let's delve into why I loved this one...
- The undeniable chemistry between Cam & Avery - I haven't stayed up until 5 am to finish a book in years, this one had my heart racing!
- The Banter- Seriously had me cracking up the entire time. And it wasn't just Cam & Avery; Brit, Jacob, Ollie & Jace had me cracking up too! J. Lynn has an exceptional talent for writing amazing dialog!
- Raphael- He's the most adorable turtle ever!
- The struggle that Avery goes through and the beautiful way in which she handles it. I'm not one to gravitate to 'sad' or 'tough' books, this book has its moments, but I promise IT HAS AN HEA (Happily Ever After) and it's oh-so worth it!
- Jenn's incredible writing skills! If you've read any of her other books (Lux series or Covenant series) then you'll love this one!
All in All: READ. THIS. BOOK!!!