'Waiting on Wednesday' is a weekly event hosted at Breaking the Spine, it spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. Check them out for links to more awesome blogs!
|Release Date: August 22nd 2017|
When girl meets Duke, their marriage breaks all the rules…
Since his return from war, the Duke of Ashbury’s to-do list has been short and anything but sweet: brooding, glowering, menacing London ne’er-do-wells by night. Now there’s a new item on the list. He needs an heir—which means he needs a wife. When Emma Gladstone, a vicar’s daughter turned seamstress, appears in his library wearing a wedding gown, he decides on the spot that she’ll do.
His terms are simple:
- They will be husband and wife by night only.
- No lights, no kissing.
- No questions about his battle scars.
- Last, and most importantly… Once she’s pregnant with his heir, they need never share a bed again.
But Emma is no pushover. She has a few rules of her own:
- They will have dinner together every evening.
- With conversation.
- And unlimited teasing.
- Last, and most importantly… Once she’s seen the man beneath the scars, he can’t stop her from falling in love…
Why I'm Waiting
To say I've been on a Regency Romance binge lately is a bit of an understatement. I've always loved this genre but had gotten immersed in YA so much over the past couple of years. I am so happy that I've found my way back and I also think my taste are evolving as a reader. I may just be a romance reading addict!