At this time I will only accept review copies of books if I've already read the author's previous works and rated them four stars or higher. I have an ever growing TBR (to-be-read) pile and for the remainder of the year I'd like to work on making a dent in it. Feel free to check out the books I've reviewed on my blog HERE or my Goodreads page. You can email me at email@example.com (Unfortunately I do not respond to every email request, I simply don't have the time.)
My Review StyleI started this blog in July of 2015 because of my passion for books. My reviews are very casual and are usually centered around my feelings the story gave me. I do not analyze books or critique editing, grammar or spelling. Most of the time I talk about things such as:
- Character growth
- Romance (This is a BIG one for me!)
Types of Novels I Will Accept
(romance is BIG for me so I usually like the main character to 'find love' or develop a relationship as the plot develops.)
- Young Adult (with romance involved somehow, don't usually like love triangles)
- Urban Fantasy
- Historical (this is quite rare for me in a YA but I do like them occasionally, especially time-travel.)
- New Adult
- Contemporary- Love College romances with an HEA.
- Paranormal- Again, with an HEA.
- Urban Fantasy- I love fantasy that starts (or takes place) in the 'real world' then takes off into a more fantasy driven story.
- Regency Romance- I love this era and my favorite author in this sub-genre is Julia Quinn 💚.
- Urban Fantasy- Think Jeaniene Frost.
- Paranormal Romance- J.R. Ward is brilliant!
Do you accept Indie books?
Yes, as long as they are edited by a professional. I don't focus on grammar, etc in my reviews but if the book isn't edited then I can't focus on the story.
What format do you accept?
I accept ebooks & physical books. If you send me an ebook I prefer mobi format.
When I accept a novel to review:
Does not guarantee that the novel will be read or a review will be posted.
If I personally request a book it will be put on top of all other books to read/review. If the novel was sent to me via the author's or publisher's request and I don't read it (or not interested) I will donate the book to another blogger or reviewer. I no longer write DNF (did not finish) reviews. If you'd like me to let you know via email if I DNF your book please let me know in the review request, otherwise, if you don't hear back from me then it was a DNF. If you are wondering why I don't write DNF reviews, well it's because I'd rather spread the word about great books and there are so many wonderful, amazing books to be read, I just don't have enough time to write them.